Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Great News!

Brooks is off the ventilator! They took him off at 2:30 this afternoon and put him on a high-flow nasal canula. He started off on 4 liters of oxygen at 100%. When Brian and I arrived he was down to 3 liters of oxygen at 50%.  Brooks still has a lot of mucous in his lungs. He was able to cough quite a bit. It sounded so pitiful, but he has come a long way.
  Brian and I both got to hold him. He was so cute and he loved our snuggle time! Before I left, they had moved him down to 3 liters of oxygen at 30%. Brooks acted like he felt better over the last couple of days. Well apparently he has been putting on a little show for the night shift nurses and respiratory therapist. They said that everytime they walk in he is looking at them with his bright blue eyes. All of the nurses fall in love with him because of his mild manner, cute dimples and beautiful eyes!
Thank you so much for all of the prayers! We still have a long way to go, but I know that God is in control. He has been so good to us!

3 comments:

  1. Oh my Lord, when you described him...it sounded like you were describing me...he takes after me so much!!! Kidding. I am so glad he is off of the vent and you guys got to hold him! I am so excited!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even though I don't know who your family is...I pray for you and your family...especially that adorable little boy that you have...I pray that he gets stronger as the days go by and that ya'll have a wonderful family life together

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Anonymous! I pray that God blesses your life. I am in agreement with all of your prayers! Thank you for loving and praying for complete strangers!

    ReplyDelete