Friday, April 1, 2011

Prayers Needed!

   I have not been good at updating during the month of March. I am sorry for that.  I know so many of you have been praying faithfully everyday for our sweet baby. If you are like me, you like to know what to pray for and you like to know when some progress has been made. Brooks had a good month in March with some small ups and downs.
     Our prayer concerns are many. Today we were contacted by one of our doctors. I was teaching so I did not answer my phone. I checked it later to see that I had a missed call and a voicemail from Brooks' doctor. On the voicemail he left me his personal cell phone. Ok I was freaking out to say the least. I called immediately only to find out that Brooks had gotten worse overnight. They had to put him back on CPAP, he needed a blood transfusion, steroids, antibiotics, up on the nitric oxide and oxygen.
   Lately I've been experiencing some anxiety and high blood pressure over this whole situation. I have prayed about it,  discussed it with my physician, talked with family, and friends. I know that I will make it through this because God has promised to walk beside me. One of my good friends reminded me earlier about the power of God. She said, "Remember footprints. He will carry you through everything, and He will carry Brooks with his other hand."
    We just need your prayers in any form or fashion. We need people calling out to God daily, united with us to get our baby better. I know that God is good! I feel it, claim it, and sing it everyday. I will continue to do it because He has gotten me this far, He will not forsake me now.

Thank you for all that you have done for us! I can not express the joy and love that we have felt from family, to friends, to new friends through this situation, and through complete strangers that just love God. Thank you for being here for Brian, Brooks, and myself. We need it more than you will know.

3 comments:

  1. Ashley,
    We are praying for your entire family.
    I am sure you have been presented with every form of solace, to date, and I don't have the words to mend your hurt or fear...only my prayers. I do, however, fully know that God will somehow see you through. This little precious face reminds me of His love.
    Tina Weldon
    "Expect a miracle in your life!" -Amy Loyd

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Tina! I am also in prayer for you and your situation. Thank you for all of your prayers, I can't explain how much they mean to us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is faithfully, Ashley. I have walked this road you are taking and as tired and weary, worried and overwhelmed as you can get, try and remember that Brooks is first His son, then yours and Brian. He loves him more than we could ever know. Brooks is a fighter, no "whimpy white boy" as sometimes those NICU boys are called, no sir, a warrior, strong, like my Tobi. Brooks name's meaning, 'small stream', reminded me of a verse, Isaiah 44:3 For I will pour water on the thirsty land, and streams on the dry ground; I will pour out my Spirit on your offspring, and my blessing on your descendants. You just keep praising Him each day with Brooks and before you know it, like me, you will turn around, and he will almost be as tall as you and you'll think, "WOW!" This child of God, as some plans to fulfill!" Take care and call me if you need me. I'm always up for a visit to UAB NICU! 205-936-3530
    Mika Shelfer (Amy B's friend from highschool and NICU Footprints Minstry volunteer)

    ReplyDelete