Saturday, February 19, 2011

The meaning of Broken Not Useless

     God has always been in my life. I grew up going to church and knowing that Jesus Christ is my Savior. As I've gotten older, I've realized that even though I am a Christian I don't have it all together. I can't possibly have it all together and if I did there would be no need for a savior. The sacrifice you desire is a broken spirit. You will not reject a broken and repentant heart, O God. Psalm 51:17
    Another scripture that helps me even when I am broken to pieces is in 2 Corinthians 12:9-10, "My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness." So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ can work through me. That's why I take pleasure in my weaknesses, and in the insults, hardships, persecutions, and troubles that I suffer for Christ. For when I am weak, then I am strong. It is amazing how God will send people your way with just the words you need at the right time. This week has been so hard, but God has provided family and friends to lift us up and keep our faith alive.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad to hear that your lil boy is doing much better:) God works in mysterious ways and he has clearly blessed you with this lil boy because he knows that you and your husband are strong enough to handle all of this...God will never throw anything your way that you can't handle...Just remember, I can do anything through Christ who strengthens me:) My prayers are with you and your family in hopes that Baby Brooks will come home soon. In All Prayers & Love...The Bradfords

    ReplyDelete